Boko Haram Suspects Taken Away From Ekwulobia Prison – Report

The 47 suspected members of Boko Haram who were transferred to the
medium security prison located in Ekwulobia in Aguata local government
area of Anambra State in June this year have been taken away from the
prison to the relief of the people of the town.

According to Vanguard, the prisoners were removed on Tuesday night to an unknown destination amidst tight security.

Citing a very reliable source, the confirmed that the detainees have
left the state to the delight of the people residing near the Ekwulobia
Prisons.

There were about 134 inmates at the Ekwulobia prison before the 47
Boko Haram prisoners were brought in the dead of the night of Sunday,
June 28, 2015 amidst tight security.

This was followed by protests by traders in all the major towns in Anambra State before calm eventually returned.

Vanguard reports that a visit to Ekwulobia Prison yesterday showed
that the heavy security presence that was mounted shortly after the
suspects were brought to the town has relaxed, as the snipers that
usually sat atop a structure at the prison were not seen on their duty
post.

The gate of the prison was also open, unlike what the situation had been for the past three months.

People living around the prison, however, said they did not know that
the Boko Haram prisoners had been removed from Ekwulobia, although they
said they would be happy if it was true.

The next one will amaze you. Click here>

Add Comment

Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published.